Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Directs Fleet Operations Supervisors, Leads and field personnel for all aspects of fleet operations projects and programs including constructing, inspecting, maintaining, operating and providing emergency repairs for a fleet of over 1600 units while meeting the requirements for reliability, schedule, and cost. Responsible for schedule, budget, implementation risk, and resource allocation for complex projects, clearing budget exceeding $27M annually. Conceptualize and manage continuous improvement of maintenance techniques and cost management. Plan strategically to integrate safety, regulatory compliance (DOT, OSHA, ANSI & EPA at the federal, state and local levels) & training initiatives into the business unit. Develop departmental priorities and processes in support of corporate and business unit goals and objectives. Manage and negotiate contract vendor support.
- Oversee all aspects of fleet operations for Operating Company. Accountable for administration of multiple bargaining unit agreements and vendor contracts within areas of responsibility, as well as the dept. employee and contractor safety program. Attract, recruit and retain qualified staff, and establish/monitor performance of staff. This includes hiring, terminations, performance management and discipline as needed. Provide appropriate safety and health, accident prevention, and training strategic vision and leadership. Ensure workplaces are inspected regularly to assure safe conditions for workers. Lead effort to eliminate/mitigate any identified hazards. Administer recognition to promote safe and healthful work performance. Lead investigations into accidents and develop measures to prevent recurrences.
- Responsible for functional and cross-functional fleet programs, federal and state regulatory compliance, vehicle maintenance programs, clearing budget development, organizational structure and employee assignments. Review related costs and efficiency control measures and reporting for over 1600 pieces of fleet. Maximize equipment utilization while minimizing costs and down time. Manage the preventative maintenance (PM) , DOT and ANSI Inspection Processes, and the company CSA maintenance scores. Identify and evaluate current work practices for process improvement opportunities to enhance productivity and/or reduce costs. Lead efforts to design, implement, and communicate new processes.
- Maintain data integrity within the various systems used to manage daily work and scheduling activities. Ensure accurate warranty recovery documentation and processes. Analyze maintenance reports to ensure cost effective, timely preventive maintenance, repairs, and rebuilding of equipment. Initiate corrective actions and revise procedures to improve effectiveness and eliminate deficiencies.
- Manage supplier relations. Oversee the parts procurement and inventory control process, and warranty process.
- Establish and/or direct processes/programs to ensure understanding of compliance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Logistics or comparable experience.
- Five years leadership experience and 5 years in fleet operations required.
- Utility or similar composition fleet experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of computer software applications which include, but is not limited to, Fleet Management Information Systems, work management and scheduling tools.
- Experience with DOT regulatory preferred.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 44060:Fleet Maintenance CO Metro || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 10684
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com