Location(s): MN - St Paul
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Supervise a fleet maintenance staff and operations across multiple garages to ensure the efficient and cost-effective use of resources for multiple large vehicle/equipment repair shops for a fleet of 500-1,000 units. Responsibility for hiring, firing, and performance management. Manage resources necessary to accomplish established departmental goals including safety improvement. Ensure consistent and effective use of fleet resources, tools and processes. Manage fleet configuration. Provide resident technical matter expertise, and real-time technical support services to fleet team and field operations personnel. Support attainment of corporate and business unit goals and objectives.
- Direct activities to ensure safe, reliable and cost effective fleet. Establish production goals, quality controls, operating instructions, and annual clearing budgets. Manage vehicle maintenance functions of repair, control, analysis, parts supply, diagnostics, and quality assurance. Accountable for tools, equipment, space, supplies, facilities; planning, coordinating and assigning work; schedule all major projects, initiatives, manufacturer’s recalls and campaigns related to vehicle/equipment maintenance. Determine priority assignments and coordinate overall flow of maintenance and repair activity to ensure business needs and service requirements are met.
- Responsible for effective and efficient use of resources with emphasis on safety, customer satisfaction, quality improvement and regulatory compliance. Ensure strict compliance with OSHA and ANSI requirements. Supervise assigned staff. Responsible for hiring, terminations, communicating performance and discipline as needed. Evaluate maintenance quality, personnel qualifications, and training of assigned personnel. Plan, schedule and ensure proficiency maintenance training is conducted for staff. Partner with Workforce Relations to provide feedback on existing work rules including possible new or revised work rules.
- Provide, monitor and analyze federal, state and local DOT/Fleet regulatory programs and assists field operations to ensure compliance with all applicable standards. Ensure compliance with developed safety practices, policies, and standards. Ensure strict compliance with federal (Environmental Protection Agency), state and local rules and regulations related to tank requirements to include hazardous spills and fire response. Implement OSHA requirements relevant to hazardous waste disposal regulations.
- Determine operational status and solve complex maintenance, supply, and personnel problems. Supervise maintenance programs affecting maintenance priorities, recordkeeping, materiel deficiency reporting, scheduled maintenance, fleet management and analysis to ensure regulatory compliance. Provide expertise in the specifications, operations and maintenance of fleet equipment. Identify cost savings opportunities and stay abreast of new technologies, current industry practices and requirements.
- Maintain data integrity within the various systems used to manage daily work and scheduling activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Business or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Five years experience in fleet maintenance. Utility or similar composition fleet experience preferred.
- Three years supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Fleet Focus, work management and scheduling tools.
- Experience with DOT regulatory and commercial driver’s license (CDL Class A) requirements is preferred.
- Strong Safety Background Preferred.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - St Paul || MN - St Paul || United States (US) || Operations || 44000:Fleet || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 10444
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org