About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FENOC, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [PEN
This position is responsible for applying the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) process in implementing and delivering Operations training programs at the Perry Nuclear Power Plant.
- Developing and conducting Operations training, including accredited licensed and non-licensed Operator training, Shift Technical Advisor training, license certification training, introductory systems training, and integrated systems training.
- Supporting refueling outages by filling a position as assigned.
- Coordinating and supervising contracted vendor training classes and activities.
- Interfacing with other groups to resolve issues.
- Managing and completing assigned activities to support timely implementation of required site operations.
- Performing needs analyses and designing and developing training material in accordance with applicable administrative procedures.
- Ensuring that the Systematic Approach to Training is satisfied as described in the applicable Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) ACAD documents.
- Presenting lesson plans in the classroom, simulator, and lab environments to licensed and non-licensed Operators.
- Instructing initial license classes at the Reactor Operator and Senior Reactor Operator levels, as assigned.
- Conducting student counseling and tutoring in accordance with company policies.
- Conducting, examining, and evaluating student performance during training to maintain required records.
- Maintaining current Operations qualifications as applicable and necessary, and returning to Operations on short notice during times of need, as assigned.
- Interacting professionally with other plant departments and outside agencies to ensure quality training and efficient operation of plant equipment.
- Preparing reports for company management.
- Performing Emergency Response Organization (ERO) duties as assigned.
An employee hired at the Staff level will be expected to perform all of the above responsibilities with more proficiency and in a more independent manner. Further, the Staff level employee will be assigned additional responsibilities related to those listed above.
Qualifications at the Senior level:
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline preferred.
- 5 years Nuclear Operations and/or Operations Training experience required.
- Holding or having previously held a Senior Reactor Operator license or certification is highly preferred.
- Must meet all applicable requirements of the License Operator Program and Instructor Training Program.
- Able to perform all required simulator duties.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management across the plant's organization.
- Must possess the coordination skills necessary to independently schedule various training courses for multiple station departments.
- Must reside within site-specific ERO response time.
Qualifications at the Staff level include all of the above, plus:
- 8 years Nuclear Operations and/or Operations Training experience required
- WR SRO Certification or previous PNPP SRO/RO licenseOperations experience at a nuclear power plant required.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Instructor, Training Instructor, Power Plant Operator, Nuclear, Operations, Education, Energy