Brief Posting Description
Responsible for supporting, designing, and implementing Operational Technology (OT) solutions in support of Tri-State generation and mining operations. Ensures operational stability, security, and efficiency. Responsible for implementing and maintaining a supportive convergence of Information Technology (IT) and OT policies and technologies.
Note: Please note that there is only one position vacancy available. Applicants will be considered for a Specialist I or II level based on their overall job qualifications.
Salary Grade: Specialist I - NB20; II - NB22
Job Requirements ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The essential functions and responsibilities listed below are for a Specialist II. The essential functions and responsibilities for a Specialist I are similar but may vary in overall responsibility, scope and accountability.)
- Provide first line support to generation facilities that do not currently have dedicated OT support.
- Provide support and guidance to generation facilities with dedicated on-site OT support.
- Work and collaborate with IT, Information Security Operations Center (ISOC), plant management, Generation Engineering, mining operations and generation fleet monitoring to define future standards for an efficient, stable, usable, and secured architecture.
- Lead and execute OT planning and implementations, leveraging vendors, Generation department and IT resources.
- Define, document and enforce server and operational standards for implementation of new projects. Monitor and maintain policies for Distributed Control System (DCS) access, including foreign devices and remote access.
- Secure control system infrastructure by establishing and enforcing policies.
- Report systems operational status by gathering data and monitoring activities.
- Troubleshoot control system problems or outages, collaborating with administration personnel on changes.
- Ensure and support centralized data collection efforts and maintain OSIsoft PI historian.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Operational stability: ability to define operational architecture and policies driving up-time and minimal operational costs.
- Cohesive solution: ability to work with disparate business and technical needs, ensuring all solutions can be monitored, supported, and maintained.
- Prioritization: ability to identify where key issues in OT infrastructure exist, and determine best investment of corporate and member capital.
- Time management: the ability to prioritize and schedule projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values
- Conduct problem analysis and problem resolution at both strategic and functional levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player: accomplishes tasks by working with others and being a good team player. Recognizes how decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
- Highly motivated self-starter willing to accept responsibility and accountability.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Ability to recognize and solve complex problems.
- Ability to interpret electrical engineering issued drawing and trace electric circuitry.
- Ability to interpret various documentation and drawing for electronic, instrumentation and process data. Includes blueprints, schematics, Loop drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID).
- Strong understanding of industrial networking practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work or mentor employees and leased workers performing installation work including electrical, telecommunications, and IT staff.
- Ability to mentor and teach skills necessary for maintenance of equipment after installation.
- Strong knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies including Citrix, VMWare and Microsoft.
- Understanding of domain security requirements and techniques including antivirus and firewall rule definition.
- Experience requirements for a Specialist II: Eight (8) years' progressive experience with operational technology solutions.
- Experience requirements for a Specialist I: Five (5) to eight (8) years' progressive experience with operational technology solutions.
- Strong experience with implementation or replacement of generation control systems.
- Strong experience with client/server hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Strong experience with NAS and SAN technology products.
- Experience with Microsoft Server Administration; MSCE highly desired.
- Experience in client/server domain administration.
- Experience with Windows, Linus computers and system administration.
- Experience with installation and management of fiber optic systems or related devices.
- Experience with network systems (switching, routing, firewalls) in a client facing support role.
- Strong experience in Linux and Windows server/desktop.
- Experience with OT networking and cyber security, including firewall management, remote access and foreign equipment access to DCS network.
- At least two (2) years' experience with Rockwell/Allen Bradley Controllogix, PlantPAX, FactoryTalk, GE Mark VI controls, Emerson Ovation DCS, Bently Nevada System 1 and/or OSISoft PI Historian and interfaces.
- Experience with radio, fiber optic, wired or wireless communications for SCADA systems.
- Experience with GE, Allen Bradley PLCs, and Modbus and OPC protocols.
- Willingness to travel as required (must possess a valid driver's license) to visit sites and attend training sessions, conferences and meetings off site.
- Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all the essential functions of the position.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters' degree in Computer Science, IT or related discipline
- Education, formal training, and experience in Industrial Control Systems or DCS implementation preferred.
- Working knowledge of mining operations and PLC control
- One or more of the following certifications preferred:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Global Information Security Certification (GIAC )
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Security Essentials - SEC401 (GSEC certification)
- Advanced Security Essentials - SEC501 (GCED certification)
- Intrusion Detection In Depth - SEC503 (GCIA certification)
- CISSP or other Cybersecurity certifications preferred.
- Experience in process control/critical systems/real time database environments and supporting technologies.
- Scripting experience with SQL, vbscript, PowerShell.
- Project management experience.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands:
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is primarily required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend and frequently utilize a keyboard/computer. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Occasional lifting and moving servers, equipment will be required during installations.Mental demands:
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent will be required to problem solve, read, write and analyze data, work under schedules and deadline pressure, present information to others, work independently and use discretion and judgment for confidential or sensitive projects/issues.Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to an office environment indoors, plant and mine environments and will occasionally travel outdoors to multiple locations dependent on work.
INTERNAL Non-Bargaining How-to Apply
Log into Oracle and click on the iRecruitment Employee Candidate Link. Search for Job and click 'Apply Now' Icon.
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association is a wholesale electric power supplier owned by the 43 electric cooperatives that it serves. Tri-State generates and transmits electricity to its member systems throughout a 200,000 square-mile service territory across Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico and Wyoming.
Serving approximately 1.5 million consumers, Tri-State was founded in 1952 by its member systems to provide a reliable, cost-based supply of electricity. Headquartered in Westminster, Colo., nearly 1,200 people are employed by Tri-State throughout its four-state service area.
Tri-State's power is generated through a combination of owned baseload and peaking power plants that use coal and natural gas as their primary fuels, supplemented by purchased power, federal hydroelectricity allocations and renewable resource technologies. Tri-State delivers power to its members through a transmission system that includes substation facilities, telecommunications sites and over 5000 miles of high voltage transmission lines.
Interested? Here is how to Apply:
Go to www.tristategt.org/ and click on the 'Careers' Link. Search for Job and click 'Apply Now' Icon. You will be required to register in order to apply.
Tri-State: Join the people behind the power. Tri-State recognizes the value of a highly-engaged and committed workforce and provides an excellent benefits program that includes medical, dental, retirement and life insurance. Please visit our careers site at www.tristategt.org/careers/for more details.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran