Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Architecture, Business, Urban Planning, Environmental Science, Construction Management, or in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years experience related to construction, energy efficiency, or green building.
Experience or education may substitute up to a maximum of four (4) years.
This position will provide green building rating and sustainability services and consulting to residential and multifamily project teams as part of the residential green building team.
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history. A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Describe your specific experience for each position. Include all job duties, responsibilities, and employment dates. Any gaps in employment must have an explanation and dates of unemployment. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history.
Resumes will not be accepted. Statements such as “see resume” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application. Supplemental information or changes to your application will not be accepted after the job posting closes.
The responses to the supplemental questions should reference the employment history listed in the employment history section. Once the requisition has closed, the application cannot be changed to update work history, supplemental questions, or any other information.
We reserve the right to verify high school and college education for the top candidate(s).
If you have any questions regarding your City of Austin employment application, please use the official website of the City of Austin as reference. www.austintexas.gov
VETERAN INTERVIEW PREFERENCE:
Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 verifying honorable discharge, at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference.
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK:
The top candidate will be subject to a minimum 10 year criminal history background check.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT:
This position is classified as NON-EXEMPT.
$21.48 – $27.33Hours
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pmJob Close Date
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Provides green building and sustainability consulting services to residential, multi-family, and commercial design teams, builders, developers, contractors and trades to facilitate the design and construction of buildings that meet the highest levels of energy, water, and resource efficiency.
2. Develops technical program activities to support the Austin Climate Protection Plan.
3. Develops key program tools and program documents, ensuring the content, context, diagrams and data are clear, accurate, and updated. Ensures project documentation includes the proper information, and is in compliance with building standards and codes. Drafts, writes and provides quality controls for technical deliverables, ensuring information integrity and public accessibility.
4. Develops, monitors, and promotes quality design, construction, and design standards from start to finish, working collaboratively to create actionable items, and opportunities for pursuing new construction projects using sustainable building materials, systems, and concepts.
5. Conducts site visits and inspections at different stages of construction to ensure buildings seeking a Green Building/Energy Star rating meet program standards and intent. Stays current with changes in codes, ordinances, and ratings documents, makes revisions and updates as needed.
6. Coordinates and works with other city departments to ensure green building and sustainability data is captured in the permitting process.
7. Fosters on-going relationships with all stakeholders to facilitate a more comprehensive understanding of green building and sustainability processes and procedures and building energy codes, schedules meetings, and connects technical staff to the customer. Serves as a resource to coordinate locally available resources that promote the design and construction of sustainable buildings. Ensures program services meet the client’s needs.
8. Educates and promotes interest in green building and sustainability initiatives to enhance the focus on conservation and life-cycle approaches to sustainable building construction, energy efficiency, water conservation, and the efficient use of materials and natural resources. Analyzes and presents alternatives, makes recommendations and provides assistance for resolving technical issues. Solicits new program customers who desire to understand and engage in green building and sustainability by representing Austin Energy in meetings, workshops, conferences and events.
9. Assists applicants and various green building and sustainability related groups with the coordination of shared resources, and serving as pivotal networking resource for various entities at all levels of government and in the private sector.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.