Job Grade: O
Hierarchy: Yes - We may hire at a higher level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for. Xcel Energy is standing on the threshold of an energy evolution. Be a part of Advanced Grid Intelligence and Security (AGIS) - a long-term strategic initiative to transform the electrical distribution business to enhance security, efficiency and reliability, to safely integrate more distributed resources, and to enable improved customer products and services.
The purpose of this role is to provide support for optimization of the real-time ADMS system used to operate the Electric Distribution grid. This role partners with the Distribution Control Centers, Geospatial, Grid Management, and Business Systems teams in performing model promotion/validation, testing/troubleshooting, SCADA device instantiation, and application configuration, enhancement, and sustainment activities. Primary job functions include monitoring and maintaining the ADMS impedance model, ADMS operational performance metrics, and ADMS integration with Distribution Automation field devices.Essential Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Geospatial, Substation (Transmission), and other Departments within Xcel Energy on data management, data validation and data integrity. Resolve model promotion issues for the construction and maintenance of the impedance model in ADMS.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of ADMS in all Operating Companies.
- Provide ADMS device integration and technology support by working with field technicians and ADMS IT personnel to commission and resolve performance issues.
- Configure ADMS user interface including symbololgy menus and visibility control.
- Maintenance and configuration of specialized mapping products within ADMS.
- Monitor and maintain the ADMS model, for both substation and field grid accuracy.
- Provide reporting on remote device availability, ADMS grid performance, and grid situational awareness.
- Perform tag audits and additional model audits consistent with ADMS and operational best practices.
- 2 years GIS experience, GE Smallword preferred.
- 2 years Electric Distribution Operations or similar experience.
- Experience with Geospatial Integration.
- Experience with SCADA or other remotely controlled devices.
- Experience working in a cross-functional, matrix environment supporting multiple work streams.
- Experience with more than one Xcel Energy Jurisdiction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Knowledge of or experience with Schneider Electric ADMS.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - St Paul || MN - St Paul || United States (US) || Operations || 59382:Dist Grid Management || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17309
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org