Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) is looking for experienced Hardware Engineers to participate in product development in our Protection Systems Department! If you are looking for an opportunity to work with an industry leader, then this position is for you!
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
- Participate in preparation of system level specifications.
- Assist in the development of hardware specifications.
- Analyze, design, and develop conventional analog and digital circuits as required.
- Demonstrate and document product and circuit robustness using computer simulations, conventional analysis and standard testing methodologies.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Participate in the definition and validation of product firmware and software.
- Write and analyze test plans, conduct design tests and evaluate test results.
- Prepare and maintain product documentation, including data sheets, instruction manuals, project notebooks, design and test documentation.
- Provide and maintain accurate product cost estimates. Provide basic labor estimates. Generate and maintain accurate Bills of Material.
- Provide and maintain accurate project plans.
- Coordinate engineering activities with purchasing and manufacturing.
- Follow and improve R&D processes.
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge in at least 2 of the following areas:
- analog circuit design
- digital design with microprocessors
- power supply design
- RTL logic design
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Working knowledge of project management processes and procedures
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Ability to adhere to SEL's tobacco free workplace policy
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following:
- computer architecture
- industrial controls
- 3-phase and electric power systems
- electric utility telecommunications
- Leadership experience or training
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.