Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks an experienced engineer with a passion for designing analog and digital electronic circuits. The ideal candidate for this position has experience working with communications systems, and a desire to produce quality work that will in turn improve the power system grid. If you are interested in working with a team of dedicated engineers at the forefront of technology, this position is for you!
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
- Participate in preparation of system level specifications. Assist in the development of hardware specifications.
- Analyze, design, and develop conventional analog and digital circuits as required. Demonstrate and document product and circuit robustness using computer simulations, conventional analysis and standard testing methodologies. Conduct design reviews.
- Write and analyze test plans, conduct design tests and evaluate test results.
- Prepare and maintain product documentation, including data sheets, instruction manuals, project notebooks, design and test documentation.
- Provide and maintain accurate product cost estimates. Provide basic labor estimates.
- Provide and maintain accurate project plans.
- Continuously identify, measure, follow, and improve R&D processes.
- Write software for proof of concept testing, both for PC and for microcontrollers.
- Write RTL for proof of concept testing.
- Envision, design and create test setups for testing new designs.
- Research, understand and use existing literature and standards on technology areas such as communications, time keeping and time distribution.
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Typically with 2 - 6 years of combined experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
- analog circuit design
- digital design with microprocessors
Working knowledge of project management processes and procedures
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Test equipment capabilities and operation (Oscilloscopes, frequency counters, frequency sources, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, impedance analyzers, ethernet test boxes, etc.)
- RF fundamentals and techniques
- electric utility telecommunications
- Leadership experience or training
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.