Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a Hardware Engineer for our Government Services Division. SEL Government Services is a fast pace work environment that provides subject matter expertise our United States government customers. We require talented engineers that are interested in learning the many diverse aspects of electric power systems and are not afraid to immerse themselves into subjects that are outside of their core competencies. Our engineers work together as a team to solve some of the most important electric power related national security concerns that face our nation. As such, we need highly motivated and passionate engineers who are great thinkers, excellent communicators and strong collaborators. A US Citizenship is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Analyzes, designs, and develops conventional analog and digital circuits. Conducts moderate to complex design reviews to demonstrate product and circuit robustness.
2. Develops hardware specifications and prepares system level specifications.
3. Writes and analyzes test plans, executes tests and evaluates test results for use at peer design reviews and project notebooks.
4. Prepares and maintains product documentation, including data sheets, instruction manuals, project notebooks, design and test documentation.
5. Provides and maintains accurate project plans. Manages and/or leads hardware projects of moderate complexity. Coordinates engineering activities with purchasing and manufacturing.
6. Mentors and directs the efforts of associate engineers and technicians.
7. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typically 2+ years of combined experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
-- Analog circuit design
-- Digital design with microprocessors
-- Power supply design
-- Digital design with emphasis on Programmable Logic including:
-- Xilinx/Altera/Micro Semi Tools
-- Simulation, Timing, Analysis, and Synthesis
Working knowledge of project management processes and procedures
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Knowledge of one or more of
-- Industrial controls
-- 3-phase and electric power systems
-- Electric utility telecommunications
Leadership experience or training
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.