Are you naturally curious and often find yourself wanting to know how things work? Do you enjoy teaming up with others to research and find solutions to interesting problems? Do you like learning about new technologies and how they are being used to improve communities around the globe?
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) R&D group is looking for an Hardware Engineering Tech II that is interested in mastering the skills needed to develop innovative products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform complex hardware tests requiring a complete knowledge of electronics hardware, in accordance with defined engineering procedures or guidelines under the supervision of an electrical engineer.
2. Build engineering prototypes under the direction of an electrical engineer. Document prototype construction and maintain pertinent engineering records.
3. Design and assemble complex test fixtures, load banks, and other components common to product development.
4. Assist engineers in the evaluation of new electronic components.
5. Provide support to engineering staff as needed.
6. Process Engineering Changes Orders (ECOs) of moderate complexity under the direction of an electrical engineer.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Two-year electronic technology or related associate degree
Minimum of four years experience testing and analyzing complex electronic circuitry
Proficient with modern analog and digital electronics and electronic circuits
Proficient with modern test equipment
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Familiarity with C and assembly languages
Experience with O.S. and computer equipment
Practical knowledge of 3-phase power systems
Pullman, WA- SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.