PurposeWe are seeking a recruiter to help us build a scalable recruiting environment while working closely with our business units to develop creative, innovative and effective external and internal recruiting strategies. The Corporate Recruiter will support and will handle the recruiting cycle from start to finish.
A successful recruiter will utilize their experience in setting benchmarks, forecasting and tracking against metrics, while prioritizing to exceed hiring cycle time. Our ideal candidate will draw from their extensive knowledge of talent acquisition, federal human resources laws, rules, regulations to quickly adapt to a fast paced union environment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Cultivate different sources of talent and maintain an outbound and active presence in the development of a pipeline. Identify unique and non-traditional sources for finding candidates.
- Develop leading-edge methods to attract strategic and diverse talent. Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management.
- Extends offers in accordance with employment and compensation policies and civil service guidelines
- Leads the staffing process for complex hiring profiles; has high impact with clients. Understand and participate in client growth strategies as well as overall devices strategic plans.
- Drives process improvement and/or policy definitions; seen as an consultant in a given area and coaches others. Assess and improve current staffing processes.
- Deliver on target staffing plans on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Partner closely with HR Managers and Business Leaders to ensure headcount and hiring activity is current all the time.
- Develops and implements a plan that addresses both the business demand and availability of talent for both short and long term needs.
- Utilize strong interpersonal and communication skills both orally and written.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of management.
- Deliver in-depth knowledge and understanding of federal/state employment labor laws and EEO compliance requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of three(3) years of corporate recruiting experience including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting.
Methods and techniques to interpret and apply federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations, ordinances and standards relating to human resources activities; principles and practices of human resources methods, policies, procedures, processes and programs; principles of recruitment, sourcing, tracking and selection; systems and concepts related to test development and validation methods; safety policies, practices and procedures; standard operating procedures for modern office equipment including a computer and applicable software; English grammar, punctuation and vocabulary standards.
Develop strategies associated with human resources processes; analyze, interpret and document human resources standards, policies, procedures, processes and programs; understand and interpret laws, regulations, MOUs and other agreements; apply and implement job classification, job evaluation, job analysis, recruitment, selection performance evaluation system functions; analyze and classify jobs/positions according to professionally accepted methods and standards; identify and assess training needs; apply job evaluation methods to determine appropriate salary levels for jobs/positions; evaluate, understand and explain employee programs; serve as a support person and consultant to management; schedule and prioritize own work assignments to meet expected timeframes; serve as reference person for other employees; utilize a personal computer and/or computer terminal, systems and software relevant to the job communicate effectively orally and in writing internally/externally; establish and maintain effective working relationships internally/externally.
- 5+ years of corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on passive candidate generation.
- Experience with a variety of sourcing plans and tools’, including proactive phone and internet research, highly consultative, people management experience is a plus.
- BA/BS Degree in business or related field
- PHR/SPHR or related professional certification preferred.