Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for aspects of the information governance program, which oversees the policies, standards and processes for the management of company information. Oversees the information governance requirements for security vendor risk assessments; including the classification of company information and defining retention requirements. Provides business area and application support for the release of Confidential Restricted and Confidential Information.Essential Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing oversight and guidance for the information governance requirements pertaining to all security vendor risk assessments (i.e. classification, retention, and release of company information). Partners with enterprise risk management to sustain, enhance, and expand risk assessments.
- Manages the information release process; troubleshoots business area and application issues. Proactively monitors the requests to ensure approvals align with deadlines. Develops and maintains release dashboards and metrics.
- Consults with business partners on information governance policies and requirements pertaining to the management of company information to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Provides application support for information governance and records management related tools.
- Develops and enhances process and procedure documentation related to security vendor risk assessments and information release requests.
- Manages the information governance and records and information management for intranet pages.
- Three years of experience working in security, compliance, information governance or records management fields.
- Working knowledge of regulatory, compliance and retention requirements.
- Motivated to set personal and program goals and proactively track performance against those goals.
- Ability to develop working relationships with peers and stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on information known.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in a compliance, governance or records management related field.
- Records management or information governance related certifications.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 70080:Security Governance & Risk Svc || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17217
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com