This position will support the development and deployment of the Enel Innovation and Sustainability mission. The Innovation Analyst will play a key role in looking into the future of the renewable energy and energy arena through research, analyzing and summarizing information, interacting with partners and delivering top quality presentations.
In addition to scouting and market analysis, this position will assist EGP units in originating proof of concept projects and supporting the development of innovation campaigns.
Entrepreneurial spirit. Must be outgoing and enthusiastic about new technologies and market opportunities.
- Understand the renewable energy market, stay abreast of market changes, anticipate market trends, and identify new technologies that might best combine with EGPNA capabilities, positioning EGPNA as a leader in the North American energy market.
- Filter, analyze and comment on new technologies, projects and opportunities in the renewable energy arena.
- Support “Open Innovation” projects, support I&S group to drive pipeline of new opportunities and new business models through Innovation selection funnel, as applicable.
- Perform basic economic, market and technical analyses.
- Gather data through collaboration with multiple corporate business units.
- Connect with the various company divisions to secure a free flow of continuous relevant data and technical information.
- Manage the gathering & selection process of all inputs by internal & external resources on possible innovations along the whole value chain.
- Define development opportunities and ensure feasibility analysis of potential initiatives.
MA or BA with 3-5 years’ work experience, strong background in cleantech. Experience with startups preferred.
- Creative, independent and forward thinker.
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to speak in front of groups and C-Level executives and senior decision makers.
- Strong attention to detail, learns quickly, and works well under pressure with appropriate attention to details.
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel skills.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Superior research skills and ability to navigate advanced research tools.
- Technical knowledge of electrical energy and power markets strongly preferred.
- Availability for travel 50% with some international travel.
- Strong tools and techniques of modeling, simulating, evaluating of different power technologies.
- Strong knowledge and on field experiences of electrical/mechanical plants & machines.
- Strong knowledge of energy market, pricing models and technical-economic analysis.
- Can work in a Matrix organization.
- Fluent English essential; Italian or Spanish a plus.