Location(s): CO - Denver; WI - Eau Claire
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
The Inside Sales Representative is accountable for managing the Conservation Improvement Programs (CIP) - Demand Side Management (DSM) relationship with small and mid-size commercial customers. Energy Efficiency Consultants must develop consultative business relationships and increase market penetration by engaging business owners, understanding their needs, analyzing complex details of programs and technologies and recommending solutions concerning energy utilization and efficiency needs. Responsible for the implementation of customized CIP-DSM solutions by creating successful sales strategies, influence through multiple channels, including on-site visits, collaborative planning and active project management. Partner with other business areas, work independently and collaboratively to meet individual and team goals and achieve regulatory filed CIP-DSM goals in multiple states.Essential Responsibilities
- Promote and sell CIP-DSM products and services to commercial customers by proactively targeting prospects and generating leads to create interest in CIP-DSM solutions and services in order to meet or exceed annually filed electric and gas savings targets. Create strategies based on an accurate map of prospects, their business situation, decision-makers, etc. to design and execute campaigns to drive additional business. Record activities in Salesforce regarding project details with various project contributors to build an accurate database of useful information and to support forecasting. Identify new business opportunities suitable for product development. Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with customers.
- Responsible for project management and coordination between external customers, engineers, vendors, and contractors, as well as, internal engineers, field representatives and program managers. Analyze customer needs and project scope to recommend relevant energy efficiency solutions. Keep informed of new product development and selling techniques applicable to business-to-business marketing by attending trade shows, reading technical publications, internet sources, networking, and accepting development opportunities. Address other utility concerns outside of DSM with customers to help facilitate the customer to consider energy efficiency programs. Share innovated sales tactics, new technologies and provide insightful feedback to program management.
- Follow up on all leads within assigned territory from various marketing campaigns and from contacts received through other channels, including inbound interactions. Develop these leads into prospects by communicating CIP-DSM value proposition customized to their needs. Utilize consultative approach to build rapport, prioritize needs and identify key decision makers and influencers. Responsible for accurately reporting and documenting all contacts, and engaging in timely follow-up with prospective clients.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 or more years of sales, marketing, energy efficiency or utility experience required.
- Energy efficiency designations such as CEM, BEP or CLEP preferred
- Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills required.
- Experience in project management, Salesforce, Microsoft Office and ability to adapt to a changing work environment required.
- Experience working with commercial customers and knowledge of utility or energy efficiency marketing programs desired.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: WI - Eau Claire || CO - Denver; WI - Eau Claire || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 51660:BSC DSM Team || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17343
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com