Requisition ID: 31362
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
Come join the Supply Chain area...
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong analytical skills, experience within the utility industry (specifically transmission/distribution operations), and experience in the area of logistics. Supervisory experience is preferred as the position will supervise 10+ direct reports located throughout the state of Florida. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering is preferred. Thorough experience with Microsoft Excel a plus.
This position manages one or more warehouses, supervises employees, appraises performance, and prepares budgets. Employees in this role supervise employees and / or other personnel supporting the inventory management function, including receipt inspection. Successful candidates provide a safe work environment for employees, and promote a positive safety culture.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Coaches and directs the inventory management team, to drive down the total cost of ownership and increase business unit (BU) productivity
• Communicates with customers and contractors through various activities, including receiving, warehousing, shipping, material issues/returns
• Interacts with the supplier community and industry analysts
• Manages and inventories assets, in accordance with Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) policies, practices and procedures
• Maintains relationships with business units, to facilitate understanding of business requirements
• Interacts with assigned operating business units, legal experts, and other ISC personnel
• Ensures all required safety training and resources are provided, as needed
• Enforces adherence to local safety policies and practices, including scheduling safety meetings, holding pre-job briefings, and conducting safety stand downs
• Increases efficiency by continually improving the inventory management process, driving standardization of common items, and eliminating waste
• Provides key recommendations concerning personnel selection and inventory management strategy, and assumes budget responsibility, as assigned
• Provides leadership in the development of department personnel
• Conducts business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for legal and environmental regulations
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Experience:5+ years
• DOT Hazmat Trng Accordnce 49 CFR 172.704
• Industrialized Powered Forklift Qual
• Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
• Bachelor's - Business Administration
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Bachelor's - Sciences
• Bachelor's Degree
• Supervisor/Management Experience:Without Rating
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Purchasing/ Procurement
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.