IT Application Analyst Senior - Customer Energy Solutions
Job Requisition Number
Customer Energy Solutions
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Licenses or Certifications:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job plus two (2) years experience.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
Notes to Applicants
The IT Application Analyst Sr. will reside within Austin Energy’s Data Analytics and Business Intelligence group and will work with groups across the utility and the City of Austin. The ideal candidate will be currently certified as a Salesforce Administrator and will have experience working in Marketing Cloud. The candidate will also be comfortable working in databases and with other IT groups and systems, but also have a strong sense of customer service.
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history. A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Describe your specific experience for each position. Include all job duties, responsibilities, and employment dates. Any gaps in employment must have an explanation and dates of unemployment. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history.
Resumes will not be accepted. Statements such as “see resume” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application. Supplemental information or changes to your application will not be accepted after the job posting closes.
The responses to the supplemental questions should reference the employment history listed in the employment history section. Once the requisition has closed, the application cannot be changed to update work history, supplemental questions, or any other information.
We reserve the right to verify high school and college education for the top candidate(s).
If you have any questions regarding your City of Austin employment application, please use the official website of the City of Austin as reference. www.austintexas.gov
VETERAN INTERVIEW PREFERENCE:
Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 verifying honorable discharge, at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT:
This position is classified as EXEMPT.
CLOSING OF REQUISITION:
Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement.
$31.33 – $40.73
Monday through Friday.
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
811 Barton Springs Rd., Austin, TX 78704
- Certified Salesforce administrator
- Certified Force.com developer
- One (1) year experience with Marketing Cloud
- Experience setting-up and maintaining APIs
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Researches, analyzes, architects, develops, implements and configures technological solutions
- Administers, monitors, and maintains one or more IT systems
- Investigates and analyzes complex business requirements
- Provides impact analysis and recommends appropriate solutions
- Identifies opportunities for asset reuse across multiple projects
- Responds to issues from the user community
- Prepares and maintains documentation related to the development and maintenance of systems
- Participates in the development of business process models and data flow diagrams for all levels of the organization
- Performs bug tracking and quality assurance tasks
- Develops and maintains disaster recovery plans
- Develops and/or delivers training
- Creates and prepares reports and analysis
- Installs new software releases and/or upgrades
- Establishes IT policies, procedures and security requirements
- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- May provide technical or project leadership, training, and technical guidance to others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of existing IT systems and their relationships to each other and interfaces to outside systems
- Knowledge of IT policies, procedures, and security requirements
- Knowledge of database design principles
- Knowledge of creating process models and data flow diagrams
- Skill with computers and computer systems
- Skill in analyzing information and evaluating alternatives
- Skill in documenting and maintaining application and process or configuration information
- Skill in providing system/application administration
- Skill in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information
- Skill in developing, prioritizing, organizing and accomplishing specific goals and plans
- Skill in using a structured query language
- Skill in providing mentoring, guidance, and training of personnel
- Skill in coordination of activities of others
- Ability to serve as a technical lead for development and support of one or more IT systems
- Ability to apply analytical reasoning to complex problems
- Ability to multitask and to work effectively in a team or as an individual contributor
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively communicate the status of assignments
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.