Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities.
Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth. Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan and in India.
We have an immediate need for a Senior IT Business Analyst on our Corporate IT team responsible for our centralized data repositories, data warehouse, enterprise reporting capabilities, and various transactional systems supporting business lines across the company. This role will be responsible for:
- Engaging directly with business line leadership and subject matter experts to understand their business needs
- Eliciting high-level requirements for software development projects
- Organizing and translating business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements
- Working closely with development team to create and refine designs for solution architectures, application workflows, data structures, and user interfaces
- Working closely with quality assurance engineers to assist in testing and data validation
- Participate in production support analysis and remediation activities as needed
- Extensive experience in performing business analysis activities within one or more electric power wholesale markets (PJM, NYISO, ISONE, MISO, CAISO, ERCOT, SPP).
- In-depth understanding of Wholesale Energy and Ancillary Services, Billing and Settlements.
- Relevant work experience as a business/systems analyst in a custom software development environment building both transactional and analytical systems
- Experience in creating high-level business requirement documents, functional requirements specifications, and non-functional requirements specifications
- Experience in designing reports and dashboards using Microsoft SSRS or similar tool
- Experience writing SQL queries in Microsoft SQL Server (Transact-SQL) or similar tool
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concept
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel for analyzing data
- Comfort in engaging with senior-level business leadership as well as software development staff
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent process documentation skills
- Ability to work well in a deadline-driven team environment
- Experience as part of a team executing agile and/or waterfall projects
- Ability to think “outside the box” by developing and implementing improvements to processes and tools.
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.