• Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job
• Experience may substitute for education for up to (4) years
IT Business Systems Analyst
This position will report to the Program Manager, Distributed Energy Resources in the Advanced Technology workgroup under Smart Grid and System Operations. This role is suited to an effective business systems analyst with demonstrated success in software acceptance testing, software application support, data analytics, project coordination, stakeholder relationship management, vendor coordination, business analysis, and process development. This position seeks a candidate who has utility experience working with energy control system applications, with a preference for distributed energy resource management system (DERMS) experience.
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history. Describe your specific experience for each position. Include all job duties, responsibilities, and employment dates. Any gaps in employment must have an explanation and dates of unemployment.
Resumes will not be accepted. Statements such as “see resume” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application.
The responses to the supplemental questions must reference the employment history listed in the employment history section. Once the requisition has closed, the application cannot be changed to update work history, supplemental questions, or any other information.
We reserve the right to verify high school and college education for the top candidate(s).
If you have any questions regarding your City of Austin employment application, please use the official website of the City of Austin as reference. www.austintexas.gov
Candidates selected for interview(s) may be required to complete an assessment(s) approved by Municipal Civil Service process, Rule 4.
GOOD STANDING COA EMPLOYEES:
Employees, in Good Standing, who are candidates within the department/division that the position resides in and who meet the minimum and preferred qualifications (if any) of the position will be included in the initial interview. Department/division employee must remain in Good Standing through the Top Candidate Selection phase at which time the Good Standing status will be re-verified.
VETERAN INTERVIEW PREFERENCE:
Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 verifying honorable discharge, at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference.
This position must travel between various locations to meet with vendors as part of the regular job duties.
Shift may change according to departmental needs.
Work hours may include after hours, and weekends.
Additional hours may be required to work outside of regular schedule.
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK:
The top candidate will be subject to a minimum 10 year criminal history background check.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT:
This position is considered FLSA Non-Exempt.
Non-exempt employees will be compensated for any additional hours worked when such compensation is required by law.
CLOSING OF REQUISITION:
Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement.
$29.25 – $39.85Hours
Monday – Friday
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
None.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge of concepts and principles of application programming, database and system design including Internet, and network architectures
• Knowledge of legacy, and web-based systems interfaces
• Knowledge of importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts
• Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis and total cost of ownership modeling
• Skill in performing requirements development, process modeling, reporting and project management tools
• Skill in developing process models and data flow diagrams using industry-standard modeling techniques
• Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new concepts
• Ability to accurately identify/determine customer needs and take appropriate actions and/or steps to address identified needs
• Ability to recognize, value, and include different perspectives, experiences, approaches, and cultures in achieving organizational goals
• Ability to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of others and the organization through consistency and reliability
• Ability to give, receive, or share thoughts, ideas, perspective, and data to create shared understanding
• Ability to define, analyze, and find solutions for difficult or complex problems
• Ability to view the big picture
• Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies
• Ability to identify trends as well as isolated events
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.