IT Network Consultant (NW Communications)
Job Requisition Number
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job plus four (4) years of related experience in a focused technology.
Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years
Master’s Degree in a related field may substitute for two (2) years of experience
Notes to Applicants
Position provides overall network engineering and support for a broad range of real time network platforms. Includes design/ document/ build/ maintain various network components; recommend new technologies and solutions.
The primary duties of the position:
- Resolve and document NERC/CIP issues; Act as SME for compliance and audit efforts.
- Administer and build network security devices.
- Administer advanced firewalls in a real time network to include Multi-Context and standalone firewalls.
- Administer Red Seal and review business rules for access.
- Troubleshoot advanced systems/topologies/storage and support critical customers in a utility environment.
- Provide collaborative input to infrastructure planning and design.
- Driver’s license required for position to drive to and from different work sites to perform work.
To be considered, all relevant employment information must be included on employment application. Information not included in the application will not be considered.
Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from employment application.
Describe specific experience for each position.
Use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable.
Responses to the Supplemental Questions inquiring about experience should be reflected on application.
$34.40 – $44.60
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – 40 Hour Work Week
May occasionally work evenings, weekends or holiday. Hours may change based on business needs.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
2500 Montopolis Dr, Austin, TX 78741
- Experience in technical protocols, network topologies, and NERC/CIP standards.
- Experience in administration of complex routing and switching, storage environments, and firewalls.
- Experience in NERC/CIP or compliance network support with concentration on documentation and audit-ability.
- Experience in automation of work processes and procedures in Service Now.
- Experience in troubleshooting real time SCADA networks.
- Desired certifications/licenses: Driver’s license class C, CCNP Security or CCIE, CWSP, and CISSP with concentration on availability of systems. Additional Linux or IT security certifications are a plus.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
For more information on the Duties, Functions and Responsibilites for this job please – click here
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
For more information on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for this job please – click here
Does this job require a criminal background investigation?
This position requires a criminal background investigation
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.