Requisition ID: 31079
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
This position develops and integrates new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and existing business processes. Employees in this role provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within a specific discipline.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs, and maintains a full knowledge of systems analysis and programming
• Develops customized programming solutions, and maintains existing system functionality
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve straight-forward problems, and prepares specifications from which programs will be written
• Applies appropriate development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools and technology
• Collaborates on an on-going basis with the Business Systems Analyst
• Participates in the ticket management and resolution processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring and customer satisfaction
• Leads projects when needed
• Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
• Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
• Follows and participates in the defined Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance, and General Computing Controls
• Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
• Meets daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:3+ years
• Web Technologies
• Information Coding Standards
• Strategic Planning
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Projectbound FT
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.