PurposeThis IT Project Management II position will work with a highly motivated, skilled, and experienced team of other IT project management professionals in the IT PMO.
• Lead multiple concurrent IT Enterprise scale investments and initiatives executed via Agile/Hybrid/Waterfall methodologies and frameworks.
• Work closely with the business and IT leaders, sponsors and stakeholders to ensure value is delivered from IT investments and compliance with industry standards and best practices.
• Work closely with the IT Business Relationship Managers and Enterprise Architecture to support Strategy, Planning and Governance of technology solutions and investments for business partners.This position is a non-civil service part-time position
. NOTE: To be considered further, you must respond to the following supplemental questions in your cover letter. Please limit your response to one paragraph per answer:
1). Describe your experience in project management managing multiple concurrent complex projects. Include in your response: your role, your years of experience in managing multiple concurrent projects, where your experience was acquired, the typical project budget and team size.
2). Please provide an example of a complex project you managed with tight deadlines and multiple challenges. Describe how you overcame them, the impact to the schedule, budget and the outcome of the project.
3). Describe your experience in leading multi-discipline project teams. Include in your response: your role, your years of experience in managing multiple concurrent projects, where your experience was acquired, and types of projects
4). Describe your experience in leading and facilitating Agile teams. Include in your response: your role, your years of experience in facilitating multiple product/Agile teams, where your experience was acquired, and team sizes.
5 or more years progressively relevant I/T project management work experience to include at least one year in a responsible project leadership role.
5+ years experience leading department wide and/or enterprise wide IT application implementations is highly desirable.Education:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field directly related to area of assignment or equivalent experience.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain project charter and business cases plus project execution through the creation, collection, storage and maintenance of project documentation/artifacts in accordance with standards established by the Project Management Office (including but not limited to project definition, project justification/NPV, proposals, success criteria, risks/issues, requirements definition, technical design, testing procedures and documentation, system documentation, user training, and production delivery).
- Ability to lead/facilitate initiatives based on several approaches (Agile/Hybrid/Waterfall, etc.) and effectively apply standards and best practices.
- Manage small to large, multiple IT project initiatives impacting enterprise systems and business processes in multiple departments or the enterprise through the project/product life cycle by directing and leading project/product teams composed of IT and business unit professionals.
- Consult and work with business and IT partners to strategize, plan, establish work priorities and implement needed projects within designated time and budget constraints.
- Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Maintain appropriate status reports, meeting minutes, and follow-up with project stakeholders.
- Host and facilitate regular meetings with business, technical, and other resources and stakeholders for status updates, requirements definition, technical design, architectural reviews, demand management, and audit review.
- Maintain and support IT PMO communication channels and tools. Develop and maintain constructive communication channels with project stakeholders and clients.Establish and develop engagement reports describing status, schedule, and velocity.
- Lead, facilitate, support and communicate the Operational Readiness Plan, which includes (but not limited to) all applicable technical/user training, testing plans and artifacts, business operating processes/procedures, IT operating processes/procedures, implementation/go-live checklists, sponsor/stakeholder approvals. Plans, coordinates, monitors, leads, reviews and conducts appropriate work activities associated with IT department internal/external projects, products or Agile teams in accordance with established objectives and schedule as outlined in the project plan/contract, Sprints and/or Release plan. Can include but not be limited to scheduled project reviews, user story development, sprint planning, work-task estimations, engagement reviews, retrospectives, and/or demos.
- Hold project close out meetings including financial close out procedures and lessons learns sessions.
- Ensures timeliness and cost-effectiveness of project implementations by establishing priorities; reviewing project progress; monitoring schedules, costs and documentation, and taking corrective action as required.
- Maintain and communicate project actual and forecasted budgets utilizing the various IT systems used for requests for expenditures, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Initiates, facilitates and manages professional services acquisitions (RFP, RFB, RFI, etc.) in support of projects.
- Plans project resourcing needs and works with resource managers to source, plan and forecast assignments and schedules.
- Facilitates/leads team in evaluating proposed changes for effectiveness and impact on project schedules and costs, recommends major changes to the IT Project Management Office (PMO) and Senior management, and negotiates cost adjustments effected by changes with IT contractors.
- Identify, manage, and mitigate risks and establish contingency plans and identify trigger events. Perform continuous monitoring and controls to minimize risk.
- Recognize and document business process gaps and propose improvements.
- Assist with project or sprint impediments by monitoring and addressing through escalations as needed.