Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Accountable for leading project and program delivery resulting in defined business value delivered on time and on budget, and with stable operation. Responsible for project execution over one or multiple projects, typically ranging from $100k - $3 million. This project management position is part of the team responsible for projects in our operations and infrastructure organization. The position ensures solutions meet business needs and aligns with infrastructure demand. Consults and collaborates with Leaders, subject matter experts, and others as needed to drive successful end-to-end delivery.
- Team Leadership – Provides day to day direction and oversees progress of planned activities across various participation groups. Leads project health recovery, risk mitigation and issue resolution activities. Provides input into project team needs, resource selection, and resource planning. Drives collaboration and cross-organizational coordination of project activities. Participates in project reviews and steering committees. Leads diverse teams comprised of business stakeholders, subject matter experts, shared services groups, product and integration vendors, and core team members.
- Project Management - Responsible for planning, execution, communications, status reporting, risk and issue management, customer satisfaction and financial management of projects. Constructs RFPs and SOWs. Accountable for adherence to Xcel Energy lifecycle methodology, structured project change, issue and risk management, reference architecture standards, regulatory policy, and IT Security policy. Leads the project end-to-end, from planning through implementation, including resource planning, scope definition, financial management, benefit analysis, and schedule. Establishes, maintains and manages against a logical work breakdown structure. Defines major project milestones, and project cost and benefit estimates. Owns communications, including status reports, leadership, and stakeholder updates. Manages project risk and organizational dependencies and linkages. Continually identifies opportunities for innovation and improvement within their projects.
- Customer Relationship Management - Serves as the primary contact and business liaison to the project. Manages customer expectations regarding projects and continually drives improvements in customer satisfaction. Drives resolution of customer concerns quickly and effectively, and appropriately escalates as needed. Contributes to business case and cost/benefit factors. Ensures sound post-implementation operation through sound test and implementation and alignment with Support leaders. Ensures lessons learned are effected. Facilitates conflict resolution through negotiation and consensus building techniques. Keeps Program Manager apprised of business satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, IT or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years IT work experience, with experience successfully managing sizeable projects and large budgets.
- Demonstrated understanding of core PMO processes and methodologies (including Waterfall, Iterative, and Agile).
- Mastery of project planning and WBS creation.
- PMP Certification required, or ability to attain.
- Mastered ability to deliver through structured project management practices, managing teams in a matrixed environment.
- Strong communication, collaboration, relationship management and critical thinking skills required.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56770:CO IT Operations Center || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16301
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org