About The Position
An IT Project Manager II will apply the skills and knowledge of project management tools and techniques to manage project teams, along with project activities, in order to accomplish project objectives. This position will need to use the knowledge areas to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close projects by using project management processes and tools. These projects could encompass any project related to Ameren's business or technical environment. The IT Project Manager II normally reports to a IT Project Delivery Supervisor.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leads and has full accountability for large projects/programs with typical duration of 9 to 24 months.
• Manages scope, schedule, financials, risks, etc. and has resource accountability using Waterfall, Iterative, and/or Agile methodologies.
• Manages project budget, reviews and approves invoices, develops project cash flows, revises project budgets and forecasts as needed.
• Leads, oversees, and evaluates project team members in a Waterfall, Iterative, or Agile project management setting.
• Demonstrates leadership skills in working with people and teams in a flexible, collaborative, and resourceful manner, with the ability to influence teams and stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
• Defines roles and responsibilities for the business line, IT Development, IT Operations, and each team member (Ameren employees and System Integration Team consultants).
• May participate in the creation of business cases, project charters, project plans, and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS); will define deliverables, scope, status, project success criteria, quality measures, and other project related components and material as required.
• Manages stakeholder relationships to establish project expectations and priorities, coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments to the project team, stakeholders, sponsors, Project Approval Committee (PAC) and Oversight Committees.
• Champions the Project Management Office (PMO) methodology and participates in methodology refresh and enhancement opportunities.
• May provide coaching on an ad-hoc basis.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Accounting or Engineering, or equivalent related degree required. Five or more years of related experience managing complex projects (i.e., cross-functional team management, large project teams, large organizational impact, multi-million dollar projects, etc.) required. Experience with cost management systems to support project budget, forecast, and spend required. A Scrum Master Certification is preferred. A Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile Certified Professional (ACP) Certification is required or must be obtained within the first year of employment.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Experience with Agile (Jira, Rally, ServiceNow, etc.) and/or Waterfall (MS Project, Primavera, etc.) project management tools preferred. Technical background in IT development, IT infrastructure, accounting, or engineering preferred. The IT Project Manager II works a standard day shift primarily at the General Office Building (GOB), but at times could be located at a plant or field environment. This position could be required to work off hours due to project demands and commitments.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.