2019 Austin Energy Summer Internship Program Student Eligibility Requirements:
Top candidates for internship positions must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.Notes to Applicants
Austin Energy seeks a an IT Security Intern to assist IT staff in supporting enterprise-wide information security projects, strategies, policies and compliance. Prefer college student pursuing a degree I Information Systems or Information Security
The IT Security Interns may/will assist in the following:
Top candidates for internship positions must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Interns will be paid: $20.00 an hour.Hours
Monday – Friday
Degrees Preferred :
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Develops, documents, and enforces security policies, standards, guidelines, processes, and procedures to support the enterprise security posture.
2. Updates, maintains and documents security controls
3. Hardens operating system and devices and builds access systems
4. Assists in the development of data systems, network security architecture security risk analysis scenarios, and response procedures
5. Administers security tools, security event monitoring, alerting, and reporting
6. Implements Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans
7. Enforces security policies and procedures
8. Prepares status reports on security matters
9. Reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions
10. Performs information and physical security investigations
11. Secures network connections, design, and physical access
12. Represents the security needs of the organization
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.