Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for developing and delivering one or more end-to-end services for specific business units (BU). Drives overall IT planning efforts within BU; ensures alignment with enterprise IT strategy and standards. Manages capital IT portfolio; coordinates with other Delivery Leaders to manage the overall portfolio. Responsible for IT capital budget, O&M and value creation projects >$50M. Direct BU strategic application, infrastructure, and/or network development, support, maintenance, operations for all delivery functions.
Leadership strategist with the ability to support alignment of business area needs and supporting enterprise applications while managing to IT budgets and infrastructure capabilities. Engage and support teams to work collectively across the IT organization and business areas to effectively resolve issues, develop plans and improve processes. This person will lead and motivate the Team to stretch and develop their skills and provide opportunities that support them, the company and department priorities
- Relationship Management - Develops and sustains strong relationships with BU leadership, with minimal direction from sponsoring executives. Serves as the primary point of engagement for demand planning and management with BU; coordinates communication across other IT areas as appropriate. Understands how to operate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategy & Planning - Manages business component of IT planning across BU’s. Participates in BU planning activities. Has a solid understanding of BU technology requirements. Develops and maintains 5-year rolling IT plan for specific BU. Leverages internal and external networks to continually identify opportunities for improvement.
- Operational Management – Manages identification, investigation and solving production problems, including preventative measures and appropriate communication to clients regarding resolution. Has general understanding of the BU; drives ongoing improvements in service delivery performance.
- Portfolio Management - Monitors IT budget/forecast within assigned BU; identifies gaps; develops/implements gap closure plans. Drives improvements in allocating discretionary IT dollars to maximize value. Coordinates shift of priorities based on business goals and budget changes. Serves as executive coordinator for assigned IT projects. Participates in project reviews; steering committee meetings; identifies risks and provides effective risk mitigation.
- Resource Management - Develops and manages a team providing guidance, leadership and mentoring. Responsible for career development, performance management, and pay determination and communication. Develops leadership talent within team.
- Application, Infrastructure, and/or Network Support - Overall responsibility to direct staff of delivery and operations by setting policies and standards, mitigating risk, and providing oversight to the development, implementation, maintenance and daily.
- Regulatory Support - Ensures that all regulatory implications are factored into IT decision-making. Represents Business Systems on response strategy teams and approves responses prior to Business Systems leadership/CIO review.
- Bachelor's degree in business, IT or related field or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Sound understanding of core business processes, industry trends, technology and IT environments.
- Ten years of integrated utility and regulatory business and/or IT systems experience.
- Five years of experience in service delivery, direct business engagement, and multiple technology domains.
- Five years of system implementation related project management experiences which includes, managing development projects and development staff pursuant to enterprise level system deployment.
- Must have experience developing end-to-end solutions and services.
- Exceptional communication, time management and critical thinking abilities.
- Experience supporting corporate functions particularly cyber security and compliance
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 66063:IT Account Mngmt - Corporate || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16826
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org