Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job plus two (2) years of experience.
Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
As required based on advanced job role.
Austin Energy (AE) seeks an IT Systems Administrator Sr. to provide 24/7 technical support as needed for the System Operations Team.
This position provides support to development, test, and production environments; performs troubleshooting on advanced systems/topologies; and supports critical customers in a utility environment.
As part of the regular job duties, this position requires on-call rotations and a ability to travel to more than one work location.
$32.84 – $42.63Hours
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – 40 Hour Work Week
Additional work hours may be required to support the 24-hour Utility operations which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, inclement weather and emergency closures.Job Close Date
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Performs advanced focused architecting, optimizing, implementing, configuring, managing, administering, troubleshooting, maintaining and monitoring one or more of the following: infrastructure software, hardware, systems/applications, middleware, servers/storage, and IP-based telecommunications.
2. Establishes and implements IT policies, governance, standards, and security.
3. Makes independent decisions for procurement of technical solutions in their focus area.
4. Creates, documents, publishes, and/or performs maintenance procedures and ensures all installations are in accordance with COA’s specifications and IT standards/governance.
5. Assists in planning, designing, procuring and delivering software and hardware purchases.
6. Ensures appropriate product specifications.
7. Provides costs analysis.
8. Installs new specific software releases and/or upgrades including researching, testing and implementing new technology.
9. Participates in disaster recovery planning and testing, including fault tolerance and detailed disaster recovery plan maintenance.
10. Communicates and interfaces with members of the IT, vendor and user communities.
Provides technical or project leadership, training and guidance to others.
May provide leadership on work assignments.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge of infrastructure technologies
• Knowledge of application and/or operating systems
• Skill in mentoring and monitoring daily work activities of others
• Skill in documenting and maintaining complex application and process or configuration information
• Skill in providing day-to-day system/application administration and/or system/application administration in support in a variety of work environments
• Skill in installing and maintaining applications, operating systems, or equipment
• Skill in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and to implement solutions
• Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new concepts
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• The ability to view the big picture when involved in a project and make decisions
• The ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.