IT Systems Consultant (FIN)
Job Requisition Number
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job plus four (4) years of related experience in a focused technology.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
- Master's Degree in a related field may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
Austin Energy (AE) seeks an IT Systems Consultant to provide systems support for the Information Technology (IT) Fix-It-Now (FIN) team. This position provides 24/7 advanced technical support, management and implementation of highly-complex enterprise operations infrastructure, while staying current on emerging technologies including Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Enterprise Storage and backup solutions.
As part of the regular job duties, this position requires on-call rotations and a ability to travel to more than one work location.
- Data center compute technologies
- Windows Server
- Storage Area Networks
- Backup environment
- NERC/CIP Compliance Activities
The IT Systems Consultant will review documents and translate business requirements into recommendations for improvements and enhancements to the client operating environment, develop complex configuration designs to address those requirements, and lead the implementation of solutions, including developing and reviewing test plans, post-implementation maintenance plans and knowledge transfer by creating detailed system policies and/or training documentation.
The candidate must have a proven record of providing specific deliverables of complex solutions to customer needs and possess strong communications skills for collaborating within Austin Energy and other City Departments, able to develop strong working relationships with vendors, and present information on emerging technologies to management to meet business needs in compliance with NERC
and other mandated standards.
WHEN COMPLETING THE CITY OF AUSTIN APPLICATION:
The City of Austin employment application is an official document. To be considered, all relevant employment information must be included in your online application. Resumes are not part of the employment application process. Statements such as “see resume” will not be applicable. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history. A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. If selected, starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application. Include all your prior relevant work experience for each of your positions for it to be counted towards relevant experience.
Describe your specific experience for each position. Include all job duties, responsibilities, and employment dates. Any gaps in employment must have an explanation and dates of unemployment. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history.
- requires the ability to travel to more than one work location. If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
- works outside scheduled hours to ensure consistent coverage, attends training, meetings and other activities as needed to meet utility and business unit needs. This position requires call-back and on-call assignments.
- is categorized as an Essential Personnel position. Essential Personnel are required to work during emergencies and/or bad weather.
- Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference.
We reserve the right to verify high school and college education for the top candidate(s).Note:
Assessment(s) may be administered as part of the interview process.
Monday through Friday.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – 40 Hour Work Week.
May occasionally work evenings, weekends or holiday. Hours may change based on business needs.
Position requires on-call rotations.
Job Close Date