Grow your existing IT skills in a Help Desk role to support our employees around the world! Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) is searching for a professional, detail oriented, and driven individual to join our IT Technician team. If this sounds like a position for you, apply today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Resolve a range of IT support requests from basic to moderate complexity and escalate as necessary.
2. Diagnose and resolve software and hardware problems.
3. Assist in preparation and installation of software and hardware.
4. Support a variety of IT-related systems.
5. Provide customer service to a wide variety of people with varying levels of computer experience.
6. Display professionalism and corporate maturity at all times.
7. Practice absolute confidentiality and unquestionable ethics.
8. Follow work instructions and creates and maintains IT documentation as required.
9. Understand. Create. Simplify.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Associate's degree or equivalent experience providing technical support or customer service
Basic knowledge of IT methods, practices, procedures, and policies
Excellent customer service commitment
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Technical background and knowledge of manufacturing and/or engineering processes
Ability to meet Motor Vehicle Report Qualification Standards of SEL
Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.