An employee who is a Journeyman and who performs all phases of construction, operation and maintenance of transmission and distribution overhead and underground lines in accordance with Company standards and other Company and/or governmental rules and regulations.
(As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.)
- Guiding the work of Apprentices and Helpers working with him/her.
- Assembly of wood pole electrical lines and components.
- Installation of underground conduit systems.
- Installation of URD systems.
- Connection of all types of transformers and other equipment used on overhead and underground lines.
- Drive and operate all equipment to accomplish daily work and, and possess a CDL Operators license.
- Perform switching and install “hold tags” on the electrical systems, as required.
- Maintain a high level of awareness and responsibility for environmental considerations that impact them, their jobs and the Company to the level of their knowledge, training and experience.
- Perform emergency service restoration
- Perform assigned work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with Company practices and procedures.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures
- Thorough understanding of utility distribution and transmission systems, both overhead and underground.
- Knowledgeable about electric utility services, products, service requirements and construction standards.
- Knowledgeable about codes, ordinances, franchise agreements and Blue Stake laws.
- This employee will be qualified to climb poles and operate aerial lifts and other construction equipment, and will be expected to work on energized equipment at any voltage level in conformance with training and safe work practices.
- Uses technical knowledge of UES’s distribution system and policies to creatively solve problems dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to lead and work on a team effectively.
- Demonstrate leadership and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Ability to combine input from a variety of sources and make sound business decisions based on this information.
- Read blue prints, maps, drawings, and work request packages.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.