JOB TITLE: Journeyman Meterman
Location: North Fort Myers, FL Hourly wages of up to $40.96 per hour + possible shift differential
- Relocation Bonus of up to $10,000
- Generous Benefit Package
LCEC provides reliable, cost-competitive electricity to more than 210,000 customers throughout a five county service territory located in Southwest Florida. We employ approximately 400 skilled employees and are one of more than 750 electric distribution cooperatives located throughout the United States. LCEC has been recognized locally and statewide as an industry leader and continually receives acknowledgment for the work that our employees do in the community along with other civic, environmental and professional honors.
We are searching for a Journeyman Meterman to join our Meter Services team located at the LCEC Service Center in North Fort Myers, Florida.
Journeyman Meterman Position Summary:
Install and maintain electricity metering and recording devices at the level of accuracy specified by LCEC standards and regulatory requirements.
Journeyman Meterman Position Responsibilities:
- Conduct voltage surveys and analyze test results.
- Detect and correct abnormal voltage conditions w/ no repeat tests due to improperly maintained and installed test equipment.
- Conduct dielectric testing of aerial devices and underground cable to ensure the electrical integrity of aerial devices and underground cable and ensure that aerial devices comply with OSHA standards.
- Respond to after-hours work needs and assist with coordinating the emergency repair of the electric system to respond within the established time frame to consumer and electric system needs and restore service in a timely manner following an outage.
- Complete all work in conformance w/ LCEC's Accident Prevention Rules.
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
Journeyman Meterman Required Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an apprentice meter tester installer program.
- Valid Florida driver license or ability to obtain w/in 30 days of employment.
Journeyman Meterman Desired Qualifications:
- Ability to navigate within Windows PC environment. Create, open and close files or applications using a mouse.
- Familiar with LCEC Meter testing software packages including Mini Master, PC Pro+, Aplus, DCSI module testing software, and WECO test board.
- Familiar with LCEC Voltage Monitoring software packages including PMI Winscan and Rustrak Pronto. Ability to navigate within Windows PC environment. Create, open and close files or applications using a mouse.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Physical Demands: This position requires typical physical demands found in the construction industry which includes, but is not limited to: heavy lifting, working on ladders, vehicle/equipment operation, and electrical hand tool operation, digging, outside & inside work. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Frequently and 100 lbs. Occasionally; climb in/out of a bucket truck; squeeze tools to 80 lbs of force; work at night and for extended hours.
- Work Environment: Mostly outside in inclement weather (extreme heat, thunderstorms& occasional cool temperature.
Department: Meter Services
Position number: B014
Division: Engineering & Operations
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Work hours: 7:00am – 3:30pm; M-F
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug screening.