Description:Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world? Leidos Civil is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Energy engineering – Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- Environmental management – Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
- IT infrastructure modernization – Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions – Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
Leidos Engineering is looking for a Junior Transmission Line Engineer to join our Chicago, IL team.
The successful candidate will work in a team atmosphere to provide technical and project support for high voltage transmission line projects, low voltage distribution projects, and other tasks, as assigned. He/she will be responsible for design and planning efforts related to power transmission and distribution physical facilities. This includes preparation of drawings specifications and reports to define the scope of work associated with the construction of power transmission and distribution lines. He/she will prepare or review structure loading drawings, environmental permitting drawings, right-of-way support drawings transmission line hardware and structure assembly drawings, material and equipment specifications, line design parameters, and line routing; prepare project budgets, schedules and estimates; and perform analyses in association with large scale transmission and distribution (“T&D”) projects. He/she will provide construction monitoring and field technical support for power transmission and distribution projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will periodically interface with clients, and will provide assistance to Project Managers.
PowerDeliveryQualifications:· B.S. in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical engineering required
· 0-2 years experience with specific transmission and distribution (“T&D”) projects
· Engineer-In Training (“EIT”) professional certification preferred
· Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills required
· Course studies in power delivery systems preferred
· Course studies in project management preferred
· Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
· Detail oriented
External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.