Requisition ID: 30776
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is the world's largest utility company, and we're proud to be built and based in America. Natural gas and its economics are critical to nearly every one of the company’s businesses. NextEra Energy has more than $1 billion deployed in several shale plays around the country.
This role will be based in our Houston, Texas office to closely interact with members of leadership; legal; accounting; and land administration but be primarily responsible for directing and supporting the Landman, Land Techs, and Land Analyst functions and resources in our Tulsa, Oklahoma office. Experience in all phases of land work in the Arkoma/ Woodford trend in Oklahoma is required including leasing, title, curative, directing field brokers, partner agreements, and regulatory issues. We are seeking strong analytical and negotiating skills with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. A bachelor’s degree in business or related field is required and a Petroleum Land Management / Energy Commerce degree and/or Law Degree is preferred. Also, a CPL or RPL designation is preferred along with a variety of computer software applications, including MS Office; DrillingInfo; and a working knowledge of Excalibur or P2 Land inventory software is preferred.
We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!!
Leaders in this role manage a team responsible for real estate activities related to wind site acquisitions needed to develop, construct and operate NextEra's assets to ensure maximum return and profitability. This job ensures alignment of land acquisitions with company goals. This position requires extensive travel.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversees right-of-way acquisition firms and other land-related vendors, such as appraisals, survey and title companies as needed to ensure goals and targets are being met consistently and within the required parameters
• Advises and assists with site selection, site acquisition, leasing space and other functions relating to land acquisition, negotiation, and sale
• Meets with key landowners and stakeholders to secure right-of-way and fosters good landowner relations
• Supports project development teams at public open houses and landowner meetings
• Coordinates with the Legal Department in developing necessary documents
• Coordinate with project, legal, environmental and engineering teams as applicable
• Assists with efforts to obtain federal and state approvals
• Obtains and maintains licenses and permits for construction and operation of new and existing facilities
• Reviews, tracks and coordinates execution of all documents necessary to secure property rights
• Negotiates and settles damage claims associated with new or existing systems
• Leads due diligence efforts and risk assessment activities
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:8+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Real Estate/Facilities Mgmt/Land Svcs
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Other Work Locations: Oklahoma
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.