EKPC Company Information
East Kentucky Power Cooperative is an electric generation and transmission company headquartered in Winchester, KY, just 15 minutes east of Lexington. We also have facilities across the state of Kentucky that generate electric power and service centers for local power lines and substations support.
EKPC offers a wage and benefits package that ranks among the best in the state. EKPC provides a 401(k) retirement plan; a medical and dental plan; competitive vacation package; and a professional work environment.
EKPC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veteran
To perform all duties necessary to maintain and repair landfill gas engine/generator, plant related equipment, facility and grounds. Interface with the public, member systems, and required business contacts and maintaining good working relations with each while representing EKPC. Provide backup to other landfill gas to electric plants as needed.
- Monitors, operates, and controls landfill gas engine/gensets and auxiliary equipment and takes appropriate action to maintain normal equipment and system operation.
- Maintains and performs required maintenance of landfill gas engines/generator sets, switchgear, motor control centers, fuel skid and other related equipment.
- Performs major repairs and overhaul of equipment and provides like support by participating in similar activities at other Landfill Generating Energy (LFGTE) projects, as required. Collects, reports, and maintains data related to Title V Air Permit.
- Installs, calibrates and tests various instruments such as microprocessors, gas chromatograph, pressure, temperature, flow and level transmitters, air monitoring equipment, data recorders and various alarm systems.
- Ensures compliance with lockout/tag out and all other safety procedures.
- Responds to Plant fault alarms, shutdowns, trips, and outages on a 24/7 basis to restore facility and equipment back to normal operations.
- Responsible for managing the Plant budget, staying within budget limits and ordering maintenance materials and supplies.
- Conducts Plant tours while representing the interest of the landfill, Member Systems and EKPC.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Key Requirements Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Additional specialized technical courses or training in plant equipment, maintenance, and operational related fields preferred.
- Four (4) years of related experience. Experience in the maintenance, repair, and overhaul of gas or diesel engines preferred. Previous experience in industrial maintenance program desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to read and understand schematic diagrams, blueprints, technical drawings and equipment manuals.
- Must be able to interface with public, government officials, landfill staff, member systems and vendors in a professional and positive manner.
- Microcomputer skills (Windows, Excel and Word) preferred.
- Working knowledge of test equipment such as voltage, amp, ohm meter, manometers and torque wrenches.
- Experience or able to demonstrate the ability to work without close supervision.
Knowledge and Skills
- Safety Awareness
- Contributing to Team Success
- Initiating Action
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing Conditions of Employment
- Working in an electric generating facility with conditions including extreme temperatures, dust, and noise levels which may require hearing protection devices. May include additional conditions depending upon the nature of the position. Occasional lifting up to 100 lbs.
- On-call position requiring a telephone and valid driver’s license. Must reside within one (1) hour of assigned Plant facility.
- Must follow procedures for wearing a respirator, hearing protection, and other personal protective equipment.
- Non-scheduled overtime is a normal part of the job.