You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Provide direction, standardization and technical leadership relative to the software and security architecture aspects of ISO-NE technology. Lead technical integration efforts, evaluating new and evolving business requirements, and reviewing and recommending appropriate systems and procedural alternatives. In concert with other ISO staff, assist in the design and implementation of technology based business solutions.
Architecture Design and Evaluation
- Review and evaluate system design proposals and provide recommendations
- Work with multiple groups to understand their requirements in order to design, develop and communicate system and integration architectures that are secure, scalable, and maintainable
- Analyze, resolve, document and communicate system integration questions and system design decisions Standardization and Process Improvemen
- Design and lead short and long-term standardization and process improvement efforts for systems and software
- Document and communicate existing and changing standards to affected users
- Foster and monitor standards alignment with all future and current system architecture
- Develop technology roadmaps and Architecture standards around the adoption of new methodologies, technologies and architectural processes
Providing direction, guidance and technical leadership
- Provide expertise and architectural assistance to others including but not limited to IT and project management groups
- Create, enhance and communicate information contained in company-wide architecture related repositories
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies and practices to assist with and improve current and future architectures
- Bachelor’s Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics (with Computer Science focus)
- Seven to ten years of software development experience
- Experience working with business users performing system and integration architecture activities
- Experience eliciting requirements from end users
- Experience developing and leading standardization efforts
- Strong knowledge and experience with Enterprise Integration techniques
- Strong knowledge of database fundamentals
- Knowledge of cloud based architectures
Other desirable skills
- Experience conducting technology, trends, standards and products research
- Enterprise Architecture certifications such as TOGAF
- Electric Industry experience
- Experience with system and application security
- Java development experience
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.