You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
ISO New England's Transmission Strategy and Services Engineer position is responsible for providing engineering assistance in the performance of new resource interconnection studies, transmission planning studies, simulation of bulk power system behavior, analysis of results, and development of recommendations to ensure the continued reliability and economic efficiency of, and attainment of regional and national policy objectives for the New England bulk electric power system in the longer term.
- Review and analyze dynamic system modeling information for proposed generation (including conventional generation and inverter-based resources such as wind turbines, batteries and solar installations) and other dynamic transmission equipment such as Flexible AC Transmission devices or High Voltage DC equipment
- Conduct system impact assessments of proposed new resources, including transient stability and electromagnetic transient analysis as appropriate
- Review the acceptability of requests to modify existing generation and other dynamic equipment
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of reports related to transmission system studies
- Lead Engineer: ….. years of experience in bulk electric system operations and/or transmission planning
- Senior Engineer: ….. years of experience
- Engineer : 5-7 years of experience
- Associate Engineer : 2-4 years of experience
- Assistant Engineer : Up to 2 years of experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Power Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required
- Thorough knowledge of electric power system network analysis, transmission planning and assessment techniques, in particular in the practice of transient stability analysis using PSS/E
- More senior candidates must be proficient in the application of NERC, NPCC, and Transmission Planner/Planning Coordinator planning reliability standards and criteria
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Master’s degree in Electrical Power Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer or Engineer-In-Training
- Experience participating in stakeholder and industry committee activities
- Knowledge of ISO/NEPOOL tariff, markets and processes
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic transient analysis (EMTP/PSCAD)
- Knowledge of Short circuit analysis (Aspen One-Liner)
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.