As an authority in the area of contracts, the Manager, Contracts Administration will negotiate and administer complex contracts. This position will interpret the conditions and terms of contracts including fiscal and legal implications and advise management on all significant procedures and regulations affecting the Contract. This position will also ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, government regulations and industry protocols.
This position can be based in either Louisville, KY, or Charlotte, NC.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Position may involve performing other duties as required, which may not be mentioned below. Specific functions may change from time to time.
“*” Denotes essential function
- Review and negotiate commercial contracts (e.g., service agreements, statements of work, confidentiality agreements)
- Set best practices for the client/vendor contract review process
- Serve as the key liaison between clients, vendors, sourcing, legal and internal clients to negotiate and resolve commercial issues and move contracts forward to execution
- Prioritize work based on deal size, complexity, criticality
- Communicate status for assigned contracts to management, Business Development and Operations so they are aware of status and can take any necessary actions
- Technical competence to spot revenue recognition issues in SaaS agreements and coordinate resolution with internal finance stakeholders
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Demonstrate informative and professional assistance when working with vendors, customers and co-workers.
- Act independently and originate new procedures and new approaches to problems.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain initiative to preserve the flow of work.
- Work under stress and with commitment to deadlines.
- Sustain interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and outside of Charah.
- Complete projects and/or reports in accurate and timely manner
- Maintain Company information in a confidential manner.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Display professional appearance, warm demeanor and positive attitude.
- Be a motivated self-starter.
- Work independently and to be accurate, efficient and organized.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work under pressure with time constraints in a changing environment.
Working environment and conditions
- This position requires working in the internal environment.
- This position requires a flexible work schedule; night and/or weekends may be required.
EDUCATION, Experience and TRAINING
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years related experience, or equivalent combination of education/training and experience preferred
- Experience interacting at a senior level with business management
- Strong technology skills and interest in technology
- Experience with contracts lifecycle management and legal software/systems preferred
Equipment and Tools
- Computer and peripherals.