This Manager will manage activities related to informational and operational technology system security, including incident response efforts, member coordination and facilitation, policy advocacy, and outreach to key stakeholders. Additionally, the position provides support to the Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council (ESCC) initiatives.
The functional responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor emerging cyber and infrastructure security risks to provide in-depth technical expertise to EEI leadership and member companies.
- Support efforts to promote EEI’s role in the national dialogue on infrastructure security issues.
- Provide technical support for policy development with EEI committees and members company subject matter experts, including drafting talking points, reports, and other briefing materials.
- Assist with subject matter expertise on NERC, FERC, and other federal rule making.
The position will also serve as a resource for member companies and to inform industry policy development. Another responsibility will be to support interdepartmental coordination on issues related to grid security and resilience.
The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years critical infrastructure security experience.
- Security certifications, e.g. C/SSP, G/AC preferred.
- Experience in facilitating and conducting activities related to public policy, media outreach, and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the energy industry.