Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Provide overall management and direction in the areas of accounting and financial reporting (internal and external), with primary focus on internal accounting operations. Provide leadership in the interpretation of accounting information from the Natural Chart of Accounts to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commissions’ Uniform System of Accounts. Lead Company personnel in understanding and complying with the processes, which facilitate the achievement of company financial goals and objectives.
- Ensure the timely and accurate accounting close each month using the General Ledger system and confirming appropriate pass-through to the regulatory ledger. Oversee development, refinement, and oversight of accounting policies, procedures and standards.
- Provide proactive analysis and support to Operations and Finance. Develop and maintain relationships with Operations and Finance.
- Assist and direct staff in preparation of various mandatory external financial reports of the Company to FERC, state regulators and shareholders and others. Ensure compliance with various reporting and accounting requirements for such reports. Provide support to external auditors as necessary.
- Provide education, training, and support to business area related to accounting policies. Ensure pertinent accounting policies and procedures are implemented and applied. Coordinate the implementation of new accounting requirements.
- Development and maintenance of standard recurring journal entries. Prepare and review month-end account reconciliations accurately and timely.
- Attract, recruit, and retain highly trained and motivated staff. Establish and communicate clear performance expectations.
- Maintain documentation and perform testing of Sarbanes Oxley controls. Coordinate internal and external audit activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in various job-related areas such as accounting, financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, and business and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and FERC regulatory accounting requirements.
- This position requires the ability to effectively use computer financial systems, Microsoft Office Suite, demonstrated planning, analytical, problem solving skills and ability to work extended hours.
- Oral and written communication skills are critical.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and promote a team environment.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75410:Corporate Accounting || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17084
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com