PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plan and manage resources, finances, scope and services within a functional area of Information Technology to deliver business results. Provide IT products, services and solutions on time, within budget and with the required functionality. Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with clients. Participate in developing and implementing strategy/policy. Manage and support large-scale projects of high complexity, size and change management risk.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead and manage IT staff and resources in accordance with IT Business Plan. For operations/application maintenance: Plan and manage to defined service level agreements and agreed upon budgets.
- Lead and manage IT projects and associated system integrators to deliver projects of medium to high complexity. Plan and manage scope, schedule, and budget for defined deliverables in accordance with IT project management standards.
- Operate utilizing standard processes as defined within the Management Model. Oversee process improvement efforts and ensure adoption of standard processes and procedures that deliver sustainable top quartile cost and performance levels.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with business and IT partners. Communicate status to key stakeholders on a regular basis. Key stakeholders include Distribution Operations, , Mapping, AISP, and Technical Services. Act as single point of contact for the ComEd business for the reliability of IT systems.
- Maintain current business knowledge/acumen, including application of technology solutions to deliver business results.
- Maintain Support of Outage Management and Geospatial portfolio of applications.
- Evaluate performance and provide coaching for IT personnel. Participate in career development and succession planning processes. Promote diversity and foster teamwork, collaboration, and a learning organization. Provide input on development and retention processes for IT employees.
- Prepare and manage budget for area of responsibility, including monthly forecasts and variance explanations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 6 to 10 years experience in leading IT projects and IT applications support teams or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in managing teams performing application development and application configuration management. Experience with defining and leading teams in following testing and change management guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of business practices and processes in electric industry operations, in particular electric utility transmission and distribution.
- Experience leading and managing IT projects or sub-teams and knowledge of IT project management. Track record of delivering projects utilizing a mix of company and vendor resources, with budgets over $1MM.
- Experience leading and managing technical personnel in providing application support with off-hours on call requirements.
- Strong judgment and excellent analytical ability.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management and with vendors.
- Experience managing budgets for functional area of responsibility. Experience in managing contracts and vendor performance.
- Graduate degree.
- Project Management certification.
- Experience supporting Outage Management or other Real Time electric systems.
- Proficiency in NERC CIP Reliability Standards.