Requisition ID: 31283
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
In this role, you will lead the team responsible for all Infrastructure Service Transition activities to drive an efficient yet robust services program. The team will be focused on service lifecycle items that lie between ‘Design’ and ‘Operations’ to ensure that policies, processes and procedures are in place to protect the live operational environment while driving a data integrity practice. They will confirm that any modifications or transitions to live operational environments – affecting either new, modified, retiring or retired services – meet the agreed expectations of the business, customers and users. Thereby, owning the creation, modification and retirement of all production infrastructure assets and services, by being the product owner for all changes to operational environments with management, planning and coordination through service transition processes and activities.
This role will work closely with the Director of Process Engineering and Compliance along with key technology owners within ITS. This is an opportunity to build a critical program from scratch and put your mark on the company.
• Plan and manage infrastructure service changes efficiently and effectively
• Manage risks relating to new, changed or retired services
• Successfully deploy infrastructure service releases into supported environments
• Set correct expectations on the performance and use of new or changed services
• Ensure that service changes create the expected business value
• Provide good-quality knowledge and information about services and service assets.
• Plan and manage the capacity and resources required to manage service transitions
• Implement a rigorous framework for evaluating service capabilities and risk profiles before new or changed services are deployed
• Establish and maintain the integrity of service assets
• Provide efficient repeatable mechanisms for building, testing and deploying services and releases
• Ensure that services can be managed, operated and supported in accordance with constraints specified during the service design stage of the service lifecycle
The position reports directly to the Senior Director of Infrastructure and Operations with work location in Miami-Dade or Juno Beach, FL.
• Employee supervisor or manager of teams sized 5-15 people
• Knowledge of ITIL Service Transition principles or certification
• Direct experience or knowledge of infrastructure implementation and decommission principles/activities
• Change management experience
• Technical operations experience preferred
This position establishes strategy, develops business plans, and oversees and manages the design, development and implementation of technology solutions to meet business needs. Leaders in this role provide leadership and oversight to manage performance and results in one or more Information Technology (IT) disciplines. Individuals will be accountable for the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems and supported business processes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Miami, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.