Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Mechanical Engineer position. The successful candidate will be analyzing processes, designing solutions and managing those projects. If you are looking for an opportunity to practice World Class Manufacturing in a creative environment, then this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide technical leadership to product operations; assist supervisors with new techniques, procedures, processes and problem solving. Own the manufacturing engineering support for defined product lines.
2. Drive product/project decisions between R&D and manufacturing.
3. Develop, maintain, follow, and improve manufacturing engineering area processes. Create specifications for software tools.
4. Drive proto/pilot builds through manufacturing. Analyze results and provide reports to production and R&D.
5. Provide business system, process flow, and design for manufacturability input to R&D during new product development.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
2 years experience in electronic manufacturing processes.
Excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills.
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
Background check results satisfactory to SEL.
Negative drug test result(s).
Knowledge/experience in surface mount technology design guidelines.
Knowledge/experience in sheet metal fabrication.
Knowledge/experience in any of the following: manufacturing tooling design, material flow modeling, process design, cabling, and reliability.
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.