RTI International has a call for resumes for a Senior Marketing Specialist for our client, Abu Dhabi Distribution Company (ADDC). This is a proposal position and candidates must be able to work full time in Abu Dhabi.
The Demand Side Management (DSM) program targets all major customer segments and will implement education programs for the residential, commercial, government, and institutional sectors on both water and electricity; incentive programs for both electricity-using and water-using technologies; and consultation for industrial facilities on the efficient use of electricity and water.
The Market Assessment Specialist is responsible for the analysis of residential, commercial, government, institutional, and industrial markets to determine new and emerging opportunities for reduction in the consumption of electricity and water. These may be in the form of technology, behavioral change, substitute processes, or a combination thereof. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about energy/water efficiency concepts, is both inquisitive and intuitive, and enjoys performing research on new concepts and ideas.
- Perform secondary research into technologies, behaviors, and processes that may be employed in Abu Dhabi to achieve a reduction in electricity and/or water consumption without a reduction in comfort, productivity, or functionality.
- Conduct market assessments to better understand the availability of high-efficiency equipment, fixtures, and appliances as well as the technical services necessary to support adoption of DSM measures.
- Assess the different customer segments to identify how they utilize electricity and water and the relative level of impacts they have upon overall electricity and water consumption.
- Identify vendors, contractors, and consultants whose capabilities in DSM might be used to advance the objectives of the program.
- Support the DSM Initiative Leads with research into technology and resource usage.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical (STEM) discipline. Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility in a research role that can be related to electricity/water DSM.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude for high levels of collaboration and interpersonal relationships in a team-oriented environment.
- Works well under tight deadlines and critical situations.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Arabic and English required.
- Advanced ability to design and implement a research program focused upon a technical topic and to produce results that can be understood by non-technical people.
- Intermediate ability to effectively manage and deliver tactical operations supporting the company’s strategic direction, with an attention to detail
- Intermediate analytical skills with high level of computer proficiency (MS Office Suite).