Position Location: Carmel, IN; Eagan, MN; or Little Rock, AR
MISO is an essential link in the safe, cost-effective delivery of electric power across all or parts of 15 U.S. states and the Canadian province of Manitoba. As a Regional Transmission Organization, MISO assures consumers of unbiased regional grid management and open access to the transmission facilities under MISO’s functional supervision.
We manage one of the world’s largest energy markets, clearing billions in gross market charges annually. We use a five-minute commitment process that provides market liquidity and transparent pricing while also minimizing congestion and maximizing efficient energy transmission.
For more info about MISO, check us out on YouTube
This is a great opportunity to Design and Test MISO’s Day-Ahead and Real-Time Market System. Additionally, provide engineering support to the Operations markets while ensuring applications software is functional to operate these markets in accordance with market rules and reliability criteria.
- Support application software to obtain security–constrained unit commitment and/or economic dispatch results.
- Assist in troubleshooting data that is passed from operations to other MISO systems including market settlements.
- Document requirements, develop solutions, and work with software vendors and internal IT staff to ensure that the software systems deliver correct results.
- Ensure that market solutions are consistent with transmission security.
- Provide expertise to RTO working groups and committees, and facilitate communications among constituents, including direct contact with market participants.
- Assist with the design and development of data models and tools for market engineering, real-time, reliability assessment or day-ahead.
- Assist with the examination of highly complex data from multiple sources crossing departmental boundaries in which results are not predictable.
- Evaluate moderate risk problems and identify solutions or alternatives considering multiple perspectives and views.
- Utilize power engineering techniques to create options, visualize possibilities and formulate new approaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or 4+ years of applicable internal MISO experience with a Related Engineering Degree, Required.
- Power System emphasis preferred
- Advanced training, certification, or degree preferred.
- Four years power system operations and/or applications required
- Two years security constrained economic dispatch or unit commitment preferred
- Two years transmission system operations in security and reliability preferred
- Ability to work a 24x7 on-call rotation