Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Manages a team responsible for measuring and reporting compliance with the market risk management policy, including trader and portfolio VaR, P/L, stop-loss, and market risk position. This team plays a key role creating conditions for reporting success, coordinating with Trading, Origination and Valuation & Systems Strategies to book newly executed structured transactions, and providing monthly and quarterly reports to Senior Leadership as well as Technical and Operational Accounting.Essential Responsibilities
- Owns the accuracy and timeliness of the Market Risk Reporting team’s daily, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Trains, mentors and develops team members. Ensures that all pricing activities are SOX compliant.
- Coordinates with Trading and Valuation & Systems Strategies to: a) understand economic terms, expected margins and risks of complex, structured transactions, b) develop a transaction booking strategy, c) implement and supervise transaction booking plan, d) validate results to ensure resulting risk position and P/L match intuition and deal pricing.
- Coordinates with structured transaction internal review teams to estimate stand alone and incremental impacts of proposed transactions and estimate risk system valuations. Reviews contract details and booking methods to ensure accurate entry of complex transactions.
- Develops professional relationships across the Commercial Business, understands key strategic goals, develops and maintains expertise on firm’s market risk policies, and reviews policies to ensure policies enable the Market Risk Reporting Group to measure and report the essence of portfolio risk.
- Coordinates with Trading, Valuation & Systems Strategies and IT to develop risk reporting tools to support both Risk Management reporting and commercial decision support.
- Understands key portfolio risk measurement methods, coordinating with Valuation & Systems Strategies to develop and/or enhance risk measurement tools used to enhance management understanding of the risk-return profile of the portfolio.
- Provides critical monthly and quarterly reports to both Senior Leadership as well as Technical and Operational Accounting. Ensures accurate and timely submission of all required reports and interfaces with appropriate internal groups in order to value and close the books in accordance with FAS 133, FAS 157 and FAS 161.
- A Bachelor’s degree mandatory, Master’s degree preferred (Degrees in a numerate discipline, such as mathematics, physics, engineering, finance, economics and/or other hard sciences highly preferred).
- Minimum 8 years related experience.
- Experience in market risk reporting, risk policy design and implementation, trade entry, curve marking, options and derivatives, booking complex transactions, and P/L explanation in energy commodity markets is highly preferred.
- Experience at a merchant energy company, investment bank, and/or hedge fund preferred.
- Extensive experience using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with quants, IT developers, traders and senior executives required.
- Experience in and desire to work in demanding, fast-paced energy commodity trading environment.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 25275:Risk Strategy & Control & Cred || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16683
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com