Location(s): ND - Fargo
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Material Handler (s) at our Fargo Service Center in Fargo, ND.
This position is responsible for performing all logistics operations duties. This will include, but is not limited to, customer service, ordering, filling, shipping and receiving, loading and unloading, coordinating and transporting of material. The Material Handler will also be required to provide backup for other Logistics personnel within the area.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class A; or able to obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. safely.
- Fork Lift Certification and one year of Forklift operation experience is strongly preferred.
- Warehouse/logistics experience preferred, knowledge of electric and gas materials desired
- Computer experience & proficiency.
- Will require participation in after-hour emergency call outs.
- Must reside within 20 miles of the Fargo Service Center.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: ND - Fargo || ND - Fargo || United States (US) || Operations || 26290:SC Util Grp Ops NSMW || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17323
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com