RTI International has a call for resumes for a Senior Marketing Specialist for our client, Abu Dhabi Distribution Company (ADDC). This is a proposal position and candidates must be able to work full time in Abu Dhabi.
The Demand Side Management (DSM) program targets all major customer segments and will implement education programs for the residential, commercial, government, and institutional sectors on both water and electricity; incentive programs for both electricity-using and water-using technologies; and consultation for industrial facilities on the efficient use of electricity and water.
The Measurement and Verification (M&V) Specialist is responsible for designing and managing M&V programs to report the energy and water consumption savings, as well as promotional, implementation, and administrative costs associated with each of the ADDC DSM initiatives. Additional responsibilities include developing and measuring KPIs and analyses to establish baseline energy/water performance across commercial, institutional, government, industrial, and residential customers. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about energy/water efficiency concepts, is a proven self-starter, and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Establish a set of KPIs for both energy and water DSM programs across commercial, institutional, government, industrial, and residential customer sectors.
- Develop and institute a robust M&V system to calculate the energy or water consumption savings achieved by each of the DSM initiatives in accordance with the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP).
- Manage the implementation of the M&V programs for each initiative to ensure proper adoption and continued use of the DSM initiatives.
- Utilize energy modeling applications or energy analysis spreadsheets, using data from the M&V system, to project benefits from energy/water efficiency projects.
- Quantify savings, costs, and benefits—consistent with the implementation of the DSM program and policy requirements—including the development and implementation of M&V plans.
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase energy/water efficiency based on the findings of the M&V system.
- Interface with key internal ADDC departments to meet program needs.
- Daily contact with colleagues within the DSM Section to exchange information, clarify issues, and coordinate responsibilities.
- Routine contact with DSM Initiative Leads to provide updates on program M&V KPIs.
- Verify that the executed work within the DSM initiatives are within standard and specification.
- Provide highly credible M&V reports and DSM program updates in a timely and well-prepared fashion.
- Identify and recommend ways to more effectively measure program progress and benefits.
- Defend accuracy of reports against challenges by regulators and others outside of ADDC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, or a related technical discipline (Master’s degree preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years in a technical leadership role of increasing responsibility.
- Existing local networks and high ability to engage and develop partnerships and collaborations.
- Certification as a Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) or ability to receive such certification within 6 months required.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English required.
- Experience in energy modeling and cost/efficiency optimization.
- Advanced verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, particularly in complex, multi-stakeholder situations.
- Intermediate financial skills for business case development, budgeting, modeling, and reporting.
- Advanced analytical skills with a high level of computer proficiency (MS Office Suite).