Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Mechanical Engineer position. If you are looking for an opportunity to practice World Class Manufacturing in a creative environment, then this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform the following mechanical engineering functions:
-- assembly design
-- plastic and metal part design
-- tolerance studies
-- design for manufacturability/assembly
-- component selection and specification
-- thermal analysis and design
-- mechanical shock and vibration analysis
2. Qualify and monitor component and custom part vendors.
3. Generate and maintain accurate Bills of Material. Provide accurate labor and material estimates.
4. Review, support, approve and provide recommendations for improvements to documentation, mechanical designs, and manufacturing process design.
5. Write test plans, conduct design tests, and review results.
6. Maintain current and accurate project notebooks.
7. Mentor ME Interns, Designers, and Associate ME’s.
8. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
9. Understand. Create. Simplify.
10. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. and/or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
2+ years’ experience in three or more of the following areas:
-- electromechanical packaging design
-- heat transfer
-- materials and processes
-- computer-aided design
-- electronic manufacturing techniques
Strong problem solving skills
Strong project management experience
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
2+ years SolidWorks experience
Environmental testing experience
Finite Element Analysis
Pullman, WA- SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.