Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide support to mechanical engineering staff as needed:
- Functional/qualification test plans, testing, and test reports
- Tolerance, return on investment (ROI), thermal, and structural analysis
- Design of plastic, machined, sheet metal, and die cast parts
2. Update SolidWorks models and drawings.
3. Data entry of technical information into company databases (MS Access, Lotus Notes, SolidWorks).
4. Follow mechanical development and quality assurance procedures.
5. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
6. Understand. Create. Simplify.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Currently in pursuit of BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering with one to two years engineering education completed
Ability to conduct defined testing procedures
Strong problem-solving skills
Working knowledge of MS Office Applications or equivalent
One year SolidWorks Experience (or equivalent CAD software)
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Experience filing engineering documentation
Finite element analysis experience a plus
Pullman, WA- SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.