Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our MRO Buyer Position. If you are looking for an opportunity to build supplier partnerships, then this position is for you!
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
MRO Capital Buyer
- Understand and articulate business and supply chain characteristics, as well as market conditions, for suppliers and commodities assigned.
- Facilitate materials cost reduction strategies and lead cost reduction teams.
- Understand and articulate personal and departmental strategies related to suppliers and commodities managed.
- Maintain efficient inventory levels in accordance with SEL’s risk management plan.
- Actively contribute to development and achievement of yearly operation plan.
- Issue and review quotes, contact vendors, and award component bids.
- Buy supplies, materials, and equipment for factory operation consistent with quality, delivery, and price expectations.
- Monitor and report supplier performance to corporate objectives.
- Perform supplier qualification audits as needed.
- Negotiate and monitor procurement contracts and supplier agreements.
- Continuously identify, measure, improve, and follow purchasing processes.
- Develop and foster business relationships with suppliers.
- Understand, create, simplify processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A.A./A.S. or B.S. degree in business, operations management, or related area
- Minimum five years’ experience in purchasing, supply chain management, or related fields
- Demonstrated experience managing suppliers to meet quality, delivery, inventory level, and cost objectives
- Must have demonstrated strong negotiating skills
- Experience working with MRP/ERP systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Knowledge of purchasing/accounting interactions
- CPIM or CPM certification
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.