Requisition ID: 11183
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Is accountable for implementing the station ALARA program through the activities of ALARA planning or application of effective ALARA techniques such as lead shielding, flushing, and implementation of technology used to reduce exposure. Implements the long term planning processes and assists the department in on-line and outage RP planning activities and preparation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Attend meetings representing Radiation Protection and ALARA and ensure the appropriate RP resources are properly scheduled.
Tracking and monitoring RP metrics for CRE reduction including personnel exposure, industry metrics, and other plant parameters to ensure that the site maintains an appropriate focus on CRE.
Assist Station Personnel to ensure work is properly scheduled to take advantage of ALARA controls.
Perform in progress reviews and write ALARA packages as warranted by procedure.
Implement corrective actions, self-assessments, and benchmarking into departmental and self-learning objectives.
Perform in field observations of work and ensure that appropriate standards of performance are met
Can fill the positions in RP outage planning, RWP coordinator, RP work scheduler, or the duties of an ALARA analyst.
Must be able to independently perform ALARA reviews and data analysis
Must be able to use interactive skills to engage the work force
Must have critical self and field reviews and actively coach to improve site performance
This job is responsible for development, implementation, maintenance and reporting of radiological protection programs. Employees in this role are responsible for monitoring radiation levels of personnel, systems, effluent and the environment. Individuals ensure site compliance with applicable regulatory, site and fleet radiation safety requirements.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs work requiring application of sound and diversified knowledge of radiation protection techniques, procedures, principles and criteria
• Applies advanced technical expertise to projects and problems to develop and refine new approaches to programs and systems
• Uses advanced techniques and theory expansion, concepts and practices to improve processes and conditions
• Ensures plant health physics and radiological conditions are within prescribed regulatory and operating limits
• Monitors plant work activities and systems such that they are conducted in a manner that minimizes personnel radiation exposure and preserves plant system and equipment reliability
• Participates in projects, procedure development, revision and review, assessments, performance improvement initiatives, and corrective action
• Coordinates and directs the planning, development, and implementation of a variety of radiation protection projects
• Conducts the analysis of technical data to identify requirements
• Prepares studies and plans for projects having direct effect on nuclear safety, O and M, capital expenses and plant equipment
• Provides technical direction to less experienced radiation protection personnel or function as project lead
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Associate's Degree
• Experience:7+ years
• Bachelor's Degree
• Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection
Organization: NextEra Duane Arnold (0046)
Location: Palo, Iowa
Other Work Locations: Iowa
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.